High Fashion vs. High Street Brands - The Belt Edition.

by - 22:41

As hard as it is for me to admit because I have always had the opinion that style is defined by one’s individual personality, the fashion world is still primarily shaped by the latest trends. Trends that are not always as affordable as we would like them to be. Whilst the blogger world is granted almost unlimited access to the latest fashion must haves, the fashion loving working class is forced to look for less expensive options to create outfits of similar quality. Fortunately, high street fashion brands have picked up on this phenomenon and have developed concepts such as high fashion collaborations and affordable collections to make the high fashion trends accessible for the majority of our community. 

Statement belts have been taking over the fashion world, and bloggers have been opting for the omnipresent Gucci monogram statement belt, the majority of the world’s fashion lovers have been looking for a more affordable option. Multiple online retailers and high street fashion stores have added double bucket belts to their collections and stocks, which makes them a perfect alternative to the high fashion brand statement belts. Combined with simple, monochrome colours and casual street wear the belts can be turned into an it piece that adds a special edge to every outfit. Especially high waisted jeans fit the purpose of the statement belts. 

In addition to the belt I added my latest favourite in terms of accessories. Not only do I enjoy choosing my rings and necklaces to match my outfits, I also love changing up my watches in order to make them go with the style I’m going for every day. In this case I went for my new, black and gold Johnny Loves Rosie watch as it fit the overall look and matched the colour of the belt buckles. 











Belt: ASOS, Jeans: H&M; Shoes: New Look; Blazer: H&M; Bodysuit: H&M, Watch: JLR* 



GET THE LOOK:








(pictures are ©TheStylePolaroid 2017, the brands are mentioned beneath the pictures, credits to the designers, products marked with a * are sponsored)


You May Also Like

0 comments